Saturday, March 5, 2011

Golden Age of Sprite Animation Part 2













Now here's the good stuff... As my buddy Hyun and I say, "Capcom is King!". I've heard that they make great fighting games. I'll have to take your word on that 'cause I suck at fighting games. I love 'em for their character design. The Street Fighter roster is full of iconic Characters; Cammy with here lightning-camo leg paint, Morrigan with here Halloween leggings, Chun-li with here INCREDIBLE thighs! These guys look great painted on the side of an arcade cabinet but they're at their best while in motion!

Included in this selection alongside the original Street Fighter and Darkstalkers characters are some Marvel comics superheros. Capcom has managed to enhance everything about these them - they've never looked so good. Check out Juggernaut's fists! They're enormous compared to what you'd see in a Marvel comic book. This is yet another example of how the Japanese improve whatever they lay their hands on. Americans are known for innovation, Japanese for augmentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment